With devotion to fashion across all elements of living… a fashionista is born. But, why limit this sense of style to only your inner spaces? Explore your “outer” fashionista by turning an outdoor haven from ho-hum to hotter than hot.
By focusing on a few primary elements or by investing in key pieces, the results can be the creation of seating and dining spaces dressed with pizazz! Let your personality shine by getting creative and incorporating accent pieces, mixing fabrics and bringing traditionally indoor elements to the outdoors. Design a runway ready outdoor fashion personality for any patio, balcony or deck by following five simple “outer” fashionista décor ideas.
- Up Your Outdoor Style. Whether you prefer sleek, modern lines or have a flair for the avant-garde, select furniture that will serve as a foundation for your outdoor room. Durability is available in so many styles. Express yours through the unexpected. Use mixed materials, dramatic finishes or weather resistant furnishings.
PHOTO CAPTION: The Napoli collection from outdoor manufacturer, Castelle, brings a traditional indoor design trick to outdoor furnishings through its use of dual fabrics and mixing of materials and metals. Each offers a smart contrast and can be customized to highlight individual style.
2. Bright Ideas. Think chandeliers are just for the dining room? Find inspiration for your outdoor oasis with a few bright ideas for lighting Bring glam to an outdoor space by adding a chandelier as a focal point. Consider using natural materials like driftwood, old metals or shells to cast a unique glow in the out of doors.
PHOTO CAPTION: Need inspiration? Lowcountry Originals offers a variety of options crafted from beautiful elements such as cascading oyster shells and rustic wood: Double Tier Shell, Waterfall Island.
- Slender is always a Trender. When there is a limit to the outdoor space you have, slender styles fit. Having a small outdoor space does not need to cramp your style or your balcony or terrace. Lounge and dining seating is available in sleek and slender options perfect for intimate outdoor spaces.
PHOTO CAPTION: Metro collections from multiple manufacturers can up the glam factor of small spaces. The handcrafted designs from Castelle offer intricate details and quality; but slender in style.
- Artfully top it off. Dining al fresco doesn’t mean you have to sacrifice style. There are elegant, yet unbreakable tabletop options crafted from heavy-weight melamine now available in fashion -forward styles and colors. Gallery-worthy designs by American artists are on display at tables that are tops for outdoor entertaining. For poolside lounging, mixing up a cool adult beverage in unbreakable designer acrylic drinkware is always a fashionable move.
PHOTO CAPTION: Boasting the 2018 Pantone Color of the Year, Ultra Violet, the Succulent Garden by Merritt Designs is a great option for splashes of color for a Spring or Summer soiree.
- Sparkle On: Up the outdoor fashionista factor with sparkle and ambiance through the addition of one of many designer fire pits, tables and pots. As the centerpiece of any gathering, fire can heat up conversation to cuddling.
PHOTO CAPTION: One of many unique gas fire pit designs available for adding a spark to outdoor gatherings, is the Fire & Ice Coffee Table from Castelle. This feature is the perfect blend of style and function to keep guests warm and beverages cold during any evening in the out of doors.
Dressing your outdoors with personality and possibilities is endless! These five tips will get you on your way to “outing” your inner fashionista.